This southern Californian metropolis is filled to the brim with ways to treat your body to the best walks and workouts, trend-setting restaurants and lounges, and iconic man-made wonders to behold.
This vibrant city is centrally located in the famous Orange County, making it the perfect launch point for all your Southern California adventures! Here, you'll find inviting beaches, unparalleled shopping and entertainment, trendy restaurants, sexy nightlife, championship golf, lively art districts, beautiful historic landmarks and legendary, yet always new and changing, internationally-famed family attractions. Warm sunshine, swaying palm trees and breathtaking ocean views create a relaxed lifestyle where shorts, sandals and sunglasses are always in season.
Santa Monica is LA’s beach city – a charming seaside town with all of the culture, events and urban amenities of a bustling metropolis. Santa Monica’s breathtaking natural beauty and award-winning dining, all on one of California’s most iconic stretches of shoreline, creates a truly unforgettable seaside destination. Santa Monica’s proximity to greater LA also makes it the perfect base for vacationers and business travelers alike. Travellers can take the Metro Expo Line from Santa Monica to visit Downtown LA, Hollywood, and other iconic areas.
- English and Spanish
- US dollar (USD)
- Visa Requirements
- Cycle The Strand (Santa Monica) - The Strand, the nickname for The Marvin Braude Bike Trail, is a 35-km long paved trail that stretches the coastline. Bike along the world's longest oceanfront bike path for sea breezes, panoramic views, and stops for souvenirs and cafes along the way.
- Revel at Santa Monica Pier and Pacific Park (Santa Monica) - welcome to the West Coast's only amusement park located on a pier! The Santa Monica Pier is the second most-Instagrammed place in the entire world, and it's one of the most fun. Enjoy the dozen rides, midway games, oceanfront specialty food, and seaside shopping.
- Visit Original Muscle Beach (Santa Monica) - located on the south side of the Santa Monica Pier, the Original Muscle Beach was established in the 1930s as a part of a beachfront movement of gymnasts, acrobats, and other athletes. It soon became the most famous outdoor gym in the world.
- Rock out at the House of Blues (Anaheim) - this legendary live music venue can hold over 2,000 concertgoers. Make a night of it with a live show and meal of Southern-inspired dishes at the revamped Restaurant & Bar.
- See a baseball game at Angel Stadium (Anaheim) - see America's favourite pastime live as you watch MLB home team Los Angeles Angels play ball. Don't forget to participate in baseball game rituals: the 7th inning stretch and eating a ball park hot dog.
- Shop at Anaheim Packing House (Anaheim) - once upon a time, this historic building was a citrus-packing house. Today, it's a refurbished home to top-shelf gourmet food with restaurant and bars offering their most delicious wares.
- Visit world-renowned theme parks (Anaheim) - Raging Waters Los Angeles, LEGOLAND, Universal Studios Hollywood... the list goes on when it comes to top attractions in Southern California!
- Walk along Third Street Promenade (Santa Monica) - take a leisurely walk down the Third Street Promenade and shop - or window shop - in this festive outdoor shop. Stores are a great mix of boutiques and well-known brands, and the many dining options will make sure you're energised enough to shop them all.
Family Friendly Activities
Family Friendly Activities
- Balboa Fun Zone (Anaheim) - located right on the Balboa Peninsula in Newport Beach, the Balboa Fun Zone invites guests from all over to come together and zip around on rides, play midway games, and eat all kinds of tasty treats.
- Bowers Museum of Cultural Art (Anaheim) - this edutaining museum and its adjacent Kidseum invite its visitors to explore hands-on exhibits. A day here is bound to inspire children of all ages.
- Ferris Wheel at Pacific Park (Santa Monica) - the Pacific Wheel is the world's first and only solar powered Ferris wheel. Its LED lights create a computer-generated lightshow for nighttime beachgoers to enjoy.
- Gourmandise Cooking School (Santa Monica) - in a culinary city, a food focus is necessary! Get hands on with a cooking class that will inspire and educate its students about using locally sourced and sustainable ingredients.
- Honda Center (Anaheim) - there's nothing like the thrill of watching live sport! Catch an NHL game with home team Anaheim Ducks to see what true athleticism on ice looks like up close and personal.
- Knott's Berry Farm (Anaheim) - travel back in time at this unique amusement park. The humble beginnings of California's very first theme park have created a wholesome attraction for the family with rides, entertainment, stage shows, and dining.
- Santa Monica Pier Aquarium (Santa Monica) - home to over 100 local species, this aquarium is an education facility inspiring understanding and conservation through interaction and discovery.
- Trapeze School New York (Santa Monica) - learn to fly and perform on a number of Aerial arts apparatuses at TSNY. Swing and soar over the Pacific Ocean with ease.
Key Festivals and Events
Key Festivals and Events
- Downtown Farmers Markets (Santa Monica) - Wednesdays & Saturdays
- Downtown Anaheim Farmers Markets (Anaheim) - Thursdays
- Santa Monica Main Street Farmers Markets (Sundays)
- Easter at Downtown Anaheim Farmer's Market (Anaheim) - April/May
- Festival of Arts and Pageant of the Masters (Anaheim) - July/August
- Santa Monica Airport Antique Market (Santa Monica) - 1st & 4th Sunday each month
- Virginia Ave Park & Pico Blvd Farmers Markets (Santa Monica) - Saturdays
- Twilight Concert Series on the Pier (Santa Monica) - Autumn season
- Anaheim Halloween Parade and Fall Festival (Anaheim) - 31 October
Off the Tourist Trail
Off the Tourist Trail
- Craft breweries (Anaheim) - a burgeoning market for craft brews, Anaheim has become quite the craft scene. Visit Unsung Brewery and Anaheim Brewery to see the magic made and, of course, to sample the local suds.
- California Heritage Museum (Santa Monica) - an unassuming house is home to the California Heritage Museum. This Official City Landmark features rotating exhibits showcasing fine arts, performing arts, history, culture, and nature that shape the state's living history.
- Culinary & Street Art Bike Tours (Santa Monica) - biking by way of food or street art tours is one of the most efficient and exciting ways to explore Santa Monica.
- Outlet shopping (Anaheim) - Anaheim has no limit to its shopping opportunities. But for the best bargains and lucky finds, head to the assortment of outlets: Outlets at Orange, Citadel Outlets, an Outlets at San Clemente.
- Ralph B. Clark Regional Park (Anaheim) - just outside Anaheim lies an oasis. This park invites visitors to ride bikes, go hiking, try boating, or simply sit to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Museum of Flying (Santa Monica) - aviation buffs, unite! This museum celebrates the leaders and pioneering innovations in aviation and aerospace. Visit to find artifacts, a flight simulator, and more to get your imagination soaring.