The heart of Asia
When in Taiwan, look beyond the bright lights of Taipei to soak in the cultural landscape of small towns, the intrigue of the offshore islands, and the majesty of the mountains. The heart of Asia pulses with a special kind of warmth and kindness from the locals, welcoming visitors from all over the world to get an authentic taste of Taiwan.
When In Taiwan: Episode 1
In the world premiere of When In Taiwan, Teigan Nash arrives in Taiwan's capital city Taipei. From dawn to dusk, Teigan explores the wonders of the city, soaks in the atmosphere of authentic Taiwanese experiences, and tastes the freshest local cuisine.
When In Taiwan: Episode 2
In this episode of When In Taiwan, Teigan goes deeper into the lush centre of Taiwan to explore mountains, forests, and villages of Alishan and its surrounds. By walking, swimming, and - of course - eating, Teigan discovers a serenity of Taiwan that she never anticipated.
When In Taiwan: Episode 3
Teigan heads to Liu Qiu Island off Taiwan's southwest coast to experience the sea life and night life. Going from an ocean dive to dinner and walk beneath the stars of the night sky, Teigan gets up close and personal with the coastal lifestyle of Taiwan.
When in Taiwan: Episode 4
In the final episode, Teigan takes to the streets of Kaohsiung in the south of Taiwan for one last look at Taiwan's spectacles: modern art, ancient temples, and panoramic views of an awe-inspiring landscape. When in Taiwan, explore everything.
Mandarin, Taiwanese, Hakka & Indigenous Languages
New Taiwan Dollar (NT$)
- Visa Requirements
Key Festivals and Events
Key Festivals and Events
- Taiwan Lantern Festival - Marking the grand finale of Chinese New Year, this was selected by the Discovery Channel as one of the best festivals in the world. The “2020 Taiwan Lantern Festival” will be held in the city of Taichung (February)
- Hakka Tung Blossom Festival - Gaze in wonder as millions of Tung blossoms burst into full bloom, carpeting the countryside in a vast sea of white. The event sees the Hakka people celebrate their culture and heritage by putting on this grand festival (March – May)
- Taiwan International Balloon Festival - Beautiful Eastern Taiwan’s Taitung County is renowned for its picturesque mountains, pristine coastline, lush countryside and clean air. Top balloon teams gather here from all over the world for this extravaganza. (June – August)
- Yilan International Children’s Folklore & folkgame Festival - Head to Dongshan River Water Park for a dazzling array of performances, fun exhibitions and innovative games for kids of all ages. (July – August)
- Sun Moon Lake Cycling Music & Fireworks Festival - CNN Travel rated Sun Moon Lake as one of the 10 most breathtaking cycling routes in the world. Enjoy the natural beauty alongside world-class music groups. (October – November)
- New Year’s Eve Countdown Party & Taipei 101 Fireworks Display - Taiwan’s iconic skyscraper, Taipei 101, marks the entrance of 2020 with extravagant fireworks and a breathtaking synchronized animated light show. (December)