Before you book
How do I find out what a package/deal includes?
You’re almost there! All of our great deals are detailed on our website. Select the package you are interested in to view everything that is included, checkout information about the destination in the ‘fast facts’ section, as well as read the ‘fine print’, which details a lot more information about the inclusions and any restrictions our suppliers have advised.
What age applies to children?
This can vary by supplier so it’s a good idea to review the package ‘fine print’ to confirm. In most cases, Airlines normally apply a standard, based on all of the flights in your itinerary, something to bear in mind if your child has a birthday during your trip. Once a child is 12 and above they pay the same price as an adult.
- Infant: Under 2-years of age
- Child: Between 2 and 11 years of age
What options are there for payment?
You can pay using your credit card. We accept American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and Visa.
Do I need my passport to make a booking?
You don’t need a passport to make a booking, however you will need a valid passport to travel if you are travelling overseas. We strongly recommend that your passport has at least six months validity beyond your planned stay, as this is a requirement of some foreign governments and you may be refused entry if you do not comply.
What Booking fees do you charge?
All of the fees needed to facilitate your booking are included in the package price. This includes any booking fees charged by the suppliers (e.g. Airline or hotel), unless specifically noted.
What fees do you charge to make a change, or to cancel a booking?
- We understand that sometimes circumstances change, and you may want to cancel or change your booking. To change or cancel your entire holiday booking or just a part of it, please contact us.
- Not all bookings are refundable and hotels, car hire companies, activity providers, airlines or any other supplier may charge penalty fees that we must pass on to you. The total cost of your change will depend on your airfare, your ticket details, and any penalties or fees that may apply, including our cancellation fee.
- We will advise you of the total cost of fees before any changes are confirmed. Your acceptance of these fees and cancellation details is required before any changes are made.
Our change and cancellation fees
Should you wish to amend or cancel a booking, 7travel fees will apply.
Fees (excluding GST):
· Changes: $100 per booking, plus any fees levied by supplier(s)
· Cancellations: $250 per booking plus any fees levied by supplier(s)
· After-hours: Surcharge of $60 per call
We offer travel assistance while you are on your trip, including when your request cannot wait until business hours. If you call our Urgent/Emergency number outside of business hours, we will waiver the surcharge when the change is due to a supplier error or schedule change.
What’s the difference between ‘Book now’ and ‘Enquire’?
- When you use the ‘Book now’ option you are booking the package that has been displayed and your credit card will be charged immediately. We will contact you if you are interested in adding any additional services such as flights, or we have any questions, and then organise your travel documentation.
- When you submit an enquiry, the package has not yet been reserved. Once an enquiry has been submitted we will call you to help you proceed with your booking.
What happens if I think I might need to change my trip?
Not all bookings can be changed so we recommend that you carefully review the rules that apply to your package if you think you may need to change your trip. You can view information on this in the ‘Fine Print’ section of the package detail. Fees will apply.
What happens if we change our minds and want to cancel?
Not all bookings are refundable, so we recommend that you carefully review the rules that apply to your package. You can view information on this in the ‘Fine Print’ section of the package detail. Fees will apply.
Before you travel
What information will you send me and when?
After you make your booking we’ll organise any additional requirements needed for your package, and email your itinerary and travel documentation as soon as these have been finalised. If your package includes a flight, this documentation includes your ticket number. In most cases you can expect to receive all of your documentation within 3-business days.
How do I add my frequent flyer details to the booking?
We are happy to add your frequent flyer number to your booking. You can advise your frequent flyer number when you make your booking by phone or email. Please note, some fares may not be eligible for frequent flyer accrual. Please contact your frequent flyer program for up-to-date information.
Do I need to give you my passport details before I travel?
In some cases, we may ask you to provide your passport details, so they can be added your booking before you depart. This is a requirement of some airlines and foreign governments.
Do I need a Visa?
- It is very important you check Travel Visa requirements to ensure you, and anyone else travelling with you, meet the requirements of the country, or countries, you are travelling to. Visa requirements can be different based on the country that issued your passport. To find out more about Visas, check if you need one, and apply if you do, go to: https://cibtvisas.com.au/7travel
- While you are thinking about Travel Visas, it’s a good idea to check when your passport expires. We strongly recommend that your passport has at least six months validity beyond your planned stay, as this is a requirement of some foreign governments and you may be refused entry if you do not comply.
How do I request a Special meal for my flight?
We would be happy to add your meal request to your booking. You can email or phone us, to let us know your preference when you make your booking. Please note that this will be at the discretion of the airline.
How do I make select the seat for my flight?
You can email us, phone us, or let us know your preference when you make your booking. We’ll let you know if the airline charges a fee for this, because some do, or go ahead and add the request to your booking straight away. Please note that this will be at the discretion of the airline, who reserve the right to change seating at any time.
How much luggage can I take?
This varies depending on who you are flying with, your cabin class and where you are travelling to/from. We will include information on luggage inclusions in your travel documentation, however if you need any more information, please contact us and we would be happy to confirm.
What is an e-ticket and do I need one?
In the ‘old days’ to get on a flight you needed a ticket, that an airline or travel agent would print and post to you, or you would go into an office to pick up. Now things like this are electronic and it is your ticket number that you need. Some airlines support check-in using your mobile, however we recommend that you take a printed copy of your Itinerary, which includes your ticket number, whenever you travel.
Does my name really need to be spelt the same as in my passport?
- Yes. The spelling of your name on your travel documentation must exactly match your passport for International travel. This includes your middle names. For Domestic Australia travel, your name must match your photo ID. If it doesn’t, you may not be able to board your flight, you could be denied entry into the country you are travelling to, or be unable to check-in at your hotel etc.
- If you notice a mistake, please contact us as soon as possible. If this is after your documents have been issued, airlines will charge a fee to change your name on your ticket, and this fee may be over and above the value of your original ticket. Other suppliers may charge fees for the change as well, or ask that you cancel and rebook at your own expense.
Why does my name appear differently to how I normally write it?
The spelling of your name on your travel documentation needs to match exactly with your passport, however there are a small number of exceptions for names that are exceptionally long, or include hyphens as some systems do not accept these. If you are unsure, please contact us to discuss.
How do I check if there are any Travel Alerts for the country I am travelling to?
We recommend that you register your trip with SmartGov and sign-up for travel alerts at the same time. This is a service provided by the Australian government. http://smartraveller.gov.au
I cannot remember what my package includes. How do I check?
The easiest place to find this is on the Itinerary that was emailed to you after you completed your booking.We detail everything that is included in your package there.
What if I can’t find my vouchers?
We would have emailed these to you once the supplier issued your vouchers. This means the vouchers could have been sent with your Itinerary, or a few days later if the supplier needed time to prepare them. You can reprint the vouchers from our email, however if you cannot locate it, please contact us to assist.
Do I need travel insurance?
We strongly recommend you organise travel insurance. Some credit card companies offer insurance options however coverage may be limited in some circumstances so please review your offer to ensure you have appropriate coverage. If don’t yet have travel insurance, you may like to checkout: https://www.covermore.com.au/7travel
Planning for your time away
What travel documentation do I need to take with me?
Your Passport, your Travel Visa (if the country you are travelling to requires), a copy of your Itinerary and any Vouchers you have been provided with.
How do I check my flight is leaving on time?
You can check this on the Airline’s website, or by calling the airline directly.
How do I request something at the hotel?
You can email us, phone us, or let us know your preference when you make your booking and we would be happy to pass your request onto the hotel.
What’s the best way to get from the airport to my hotel?
Transfers are sometimes included in your package, however if they have not been included, we would be happy to organise this for you. Please contact us to discuss.
I have a question about something that is included in my package. Do I call the airline?
- Please contact us and we would be happy to answer any questions you have.
- If you do specifically need to speak to an airline, they may ask you for your booking number. You can find the code they are referring to, on your Itinerary next to the wording ‘Airline Reference’.
How do I contact customer service?
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 1300 297 577.
- If you cannot call a 1300 number, or are calling from overseas, our local number is +61 2 8325 2701
What hours are you open?
- You can make enquiries on our website 24-hours a day. If you would like to speak to us, our team is based in Sydney and are available between 8AM and 5PM on weekdays, and 9AM to 4PM on Saturdays. This excludes NSW Public Holidays.
- Outside these hours you can email us using the enquiry form on our website, or phone and leave us a message. Either way, we will return your call the very next business day.